Monday, September 17, 2012

Men In Black.

At the beginning I was never a fan of The Stranglers. As an angry 17 year old Londoner punk was my salvation and I thought 'Peaches' was a punk pop sell out. Plus I didn't like their style of music either. That made me quite angry indeed. However as the years went by I mellowed and into the 80's I was listening to and really enjoying every type of music my ears could take. In the early 80's The Stranglers where really starting to experiment with their sound. When I first heard this (1984) I was blown away. It's still my personal favourite. The first 45 seconds of the video with Jet Black on the bongos staring into the camera moves me every time.

5 comments:

  1. Liked them from the early days. 2 cd's in my van get most play, Stranglers Greatest Hits and Pretenders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little tale, glad you saw the light, Andy, you're a man after my own heart . . . I always loved the message in 'Skin Deep', especially relative to where I live, ha . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always the sun down in the sewer with the Meninblack xx
    Love them since the beginning xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were always too old and good on their instruments to be real punks... but I loved The Stranglers' first two albums. Played Rattus Norvegicus all the way to the Trip Out; I had forgotten what a blistering album it is. Angry? They got angry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This song sends shivers up my spine.

    I Feel Like A Wog spoke very personally to me, I can't tell you how much I love The Stranglers.

    ReplyDelete